A user who has administrator rights will see an ‘Admin Data’ menu at the top of their screen after logging in. This menu gives an administrative user the ability to add/remove/update the following data:
- User Events
- Canididate Organizations and Products (submissions to be considered for addition to the catalog)
- Operator Services
- Product Suites
- Portal Views
- Maturity Rubrics
Users and Roles¶
Administrative users can view the list of user accounts in the catalog. For any existing user, the administrator can edit the user to assign or remove roles to that account. Each user may have multiple roles assigned to them.
By default, a user is created with the role ‘Basic User’. This means that the user can view information in the catalog, can save favorites and searches, and can leave comments.
The following lists additional roles that can be given to a user:
- Product Owner - a user that can update information about a specific Product
- Organization Owner - a user that can update information about a specific Organization
- Content Writer - a user that can modify information about use cases, building blocks, products, organizations, and products - as well as the mappings between them
- Content Editor - all of the permissions of a content writer, but can also create and delete these objects
- ICT4SDG User - a user that can modify SDG, Use Case, Workflow, and Building Block information
- MNI User - a user that can modify information about Mobile Network Aggregators
- Principle User - a user that can modify information about organizations that are Digital Principles Endorsers
- Admin User - has full access to all data in the catalog
An administrator can also delete a user account or create a new user account. Note that new user accounts need to be approved by an admin before they can be used.
The settings page is used to define values that are used by the catalog to determine what information to display. The settings that have been defined include:
- Default COVID-19 Tag - The catalog can show products that are designed to be used in COVID-19 response. Products must be tagged with the tag that is defined by this setting to be included in this list.
- Default Map Center Position - If set to ‘country’, all map views will center to the current country where the user is located. If set to ‘world’, it will show the world map
- Default Maturity Rubric Slug - This defines the slug of the maturity rubric that is used for product evaluations
- Default Organization - This is the slug of the organization that is the owner of the catalog.
- Default Sector List - The name of the list of sectors that will be used in the catalog
To edit or add new settings, visit the settings page from the menu.
A portal defines what objects a user sees on the main page of the catalog. By default, the portal is set up to show SDGs, Use Cases, Workflows, Building Blocks, Products, and Organizations. However, a user can create a custom view that shows other objects, including Projects.
The portal view also defines what elements are in the filter on the left side of the screen. By default, this will include SDGs, Use Cases, Workflows, Building Blocks, Products, Organizations, Countries, and Sectors. An admin user can create a portal that displays different filters.
The portal can also be used to define a custom color for the catalog (header and footer color). The user can also create a custom landing page (the user will have to enter the html content for that landing page), a custom logo, and html to create a custom footer for the catalog.
When other portals have been defined, they will be displayed in the user menu at the top of the catalog. A user can switch between portals to show different content and filters in the catalog.
More information on use and configuration of Maturity Rubrics can be found at this page
Other Admin Views¶
The remaining views (cities, countries, sectors, tags, etc) can be used to make additions or changes to these objects. Each of these has a similar layout - when selected, the admin user will see a list of the objects of that type that has been created in the catalog. For each object, they can edit or delete the object. There is also a button at the top of the screen that allows the user to create a new item of that type.